When it comes to tax preparation, the Turbotax software is favored. This incredible software help users get benefits on their annual tax return and can be accessed via turbotax.ca/download or through the CD. The TurboTax software can be installed on your Windows, Mac, and even mobiles.
Presently, many people are moving towards this incredible tax preparation software but facing difficulties in its download and installation. This complete guide on Turbotax software covers the basic requirements for its versions and the download and installation steps for different OS. So, let’s begin.
Different Versions of TurboTax
TurboTax Basic: As the name suggests it includes basic features and recommended for tax situations with little income, few deductions etc.
TurboTax Deluxe: This version comprises the features of basic versions as well and is suggested for slightly complicated taxes. It is featured with extra searchable deduction escalator. You can attempt up to 350 deductions and credits included checking the value of charitable donations.
TurboTax Premier: For the more complex tax this version is recommended. It comprises of all the features of Deluxe version and extra advanced tools that calculate loss or gain fromstocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans.
TurboTax Home & Business: It comprises of all the features of all the above versions and helps to complete Schedule C for business owners. You can find the details related to every version offered by turbotax.ca/download in Canada by clicking on the link here.
Account Creation Process – Turbotax.ca/download
- Step 1. First of all, visit the official website of TurboTax. For this, enter “turbotax.ca/download” in your browser’s Address bar. Look at the top of the page, for the address bar.
- Step 2. Press the enter key from your keyboard and wait for the pages to load properly.
- Step 3. By doing so, you will reach the TurboTax Login window.
- Step 4. To create a Turtbotax account, for the very first time, look at the link of “Create an account” and click on it. For this link, look at the very bottom of this window.
- Step 5. The Account Creation window opens on your computer screen. You are now supposed to fill in all the information accurately in their respective fields.
- Email Address: In this field, enter the email address that you want to associate with the TurboTax account.
- Retype Email Address: Input the same email address as given above in the respective field.
- User ID: Create a new User ID that is not linked with any other account. This User ID is used to distinguish your TurboTax account from others.
- Phone Number: Input an active mobile number that you want to link with this account. This mobile number will be used to keep your account safe.
- Password: Here, you need to create a password that should be easy to remember but difficult to guess.
- Confirm Password: Type the same password as mentioned in the above field.
- Step 7. The next step is to click on the blue-colored “Create Account” button which you will get in the middle of the window.
- Step 8. By doing so, you will get a Verification Mail on the email address mentioned above. You just have to open the mail and tap the “verify my email” tab.
TurboTax Online and TurboTax CD/Download
TurboTax Download Online offers the convenience of preparing and e-filing your tax return from virtually any computer or mobile device with Internet access. There’s no software to install and nothing you’ll need to save on your computer. We’ll store all of your information on our secure servers. TurboTax Online includes federal and state e-filing. About 75% of our customers choose this version.
TurboTax CD/Download lets you download and install TurboTax on your personal computer. You’ll be able work on your taxes, even if you’re not connected to the Internet. Your information will be stored on your hard drive. TurboTax CD/Download includes the tax preparation fee for one state (state tax prep is an additional cost with TurboTax Basic and Business). It also allows you to prepare and print unlimited federal tax returns, and e-file up to five at no charge (additional fee per state e-file with TurboTax CD/Download). CD/Download is a better overall value for customers preparing tax returns for multiple people.
How To Install TurboTax Using CD/DVD Drive?
If you’ve purchased the TurboTax CD, you can install it using the following steps:
- To start with, close all of the running applications from your system.
- Then, make sure to temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus.
- Next, take out your TurboTax CD and insert it into your CD-ROM.
- Now, launch “This-PC” and visit “CD: Drive”.
- Then, run the setup.exe and click “Next”.
- After that, tap “I-Agree” to agree with the agreement.
- Now, tap “Change” to change the location for the installation files.
- Finally, tap “Install” to finish the installation.
How To Install TurboTax Using Turbotax.ca/download ?
- First, Visit TurboTax official website.
- Then, ensure to have the license code handy.
- Now, reach turbotax.ca/download.
- Finally, either login or create an account.